May 15, 2012 Headlines: NY Manufacturing Up, American See Economic Improvement, Motorcycles Reshored, and More
NYT: Economic growth, like much of life in China, is highly regulated by the authorities.
The Hill: President Obama will not be attending an Asia-Pacific trade summit in Russia.
WSJ: Manufacturing in New York is on the upswing.
The Atlantic: The fastest-dying and fastest-growing jobs on the latter 20th Century.
USAT: In a new poll, 58% of Americans see the economy improving over the next year.
LeatherUp: Cleveland CycleWerks is moving motorcycle production from China to Ohio.
AP: Chinese authorities are not responding fast enough to fix structural problems with their economic model.
Bloomberg: Analysis of China’s monetary policies.
NASDAQ: China is looking to nationalize production of rare earth minerals.
Related recent Blogs
- What good's a trade agreement if you don't enforce the on-the-books trade rules? • by mmcmullan • 03/11/2014
- A National Manufacturing Strategy could be the "be all, end all" for depressed wages • by LRaup • 03/11/2014
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014