March 16, 2012 Headlines: China and Rare Earths, Industrial Capacity Slows, Unemployment Down, and More
WaPo: We’re running out of money to fund transportation projects.
Bloomberg: Industrial capacity stagnated in February.
AFP: Will new crackdowns on China’s cheating on Rare Earth Metals lead to a trade war?
China Daily: Of course, the Chinese state-run media has a different view of things.
WSJ: Unemployment applications continue to fall.
Bloomberg: Driven by fears of a Eurozone crash, China resumes buying U.S. debt.
WSJ: The Fed will probably raise rates in 2013.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014